Saturday, July 18, 2009

Mmmmm Starbucks!

A couple of months ago, when Audrey first started pulling up and cruising around the furniture I was talking with my Dad on the phone. The conversation went something like this...

Me: So Audrey is cruising around the coffee table like a mad woman. (Oh coffee table, how I miss you!)

Dad: It won't be long till she's walking now!

Me: Well, she's still very wobbly. It's not going to be real soon.

Dad: You'll see. She'll be walking soon!

Me: I bet we still have a couple more months. My guess is she'll start walking sometime between 11-12 months. But I'm just her mom. What do I know?

Dad: I bet you a Starbucks gift card it'll be before that!

Well, tomorrow my baby girl will be 11 months old. And while she's starting to take steps and attempt walking, she definitely is not walking yet. And she's in bed for the night so chances are slim that she'll perfect the skill between now and midnight. Since I'm not the type to say "I told you so," I guess my point is.... Pay up, Dad!!! I'll be checking the mail for my gift card!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the caffeine!!!! And I absolutely love the picture!!!!!

    ReplyDelete