Wednesday, May 20, 2009

9 Month Stats

Audrey had her 9 month appointment today. She weighs just under 21 pounds and she's 29.5 inches long. She's grown 2 inches since her last appointment and only gained 1 pound. She's really starting to slim down! She's about 95th percentile for length and 80th percentile for weight (they didn't tell me this today, this is the best I can figure out from google...).

She only had one shot today, which she did not handle well at all. Heck, she cried when they weighed and measured her. She's got some major stranger anxiety going on!

Unfortunately, she also needed to get blood drawn to make sure she's not anemic. Apparently this is standard procedure now. The doctor told us that it would be a heel or finger prick and that it wouldn't be too bad.

Well, we made our way over to the lab and they informed me that it was not a finger stick but an actual IV blood draw.

It was awful! The lady dug around in her arm trying to find the vein for what seemed like forever!

I told Mark that I was about *this* close to throat-punching her. (Yes, I did use the term throat-punch... You can ask him).

Anyways, she screamed the whole time and I felt so bad for her. And now she has a nice bruise on her arm.

But, she's been back to her normal happy self since we got home so I guess no permanent damage was done.

I'm just glad we don't have to go back until after her first birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment