Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Today was my very first Mother's Day (not to be confused with my Mother-to-be Day last year...) and I had a blast. I spent the whole day with Mark and Audrey and they both made sure I was going to remember today. They let me sleep in. They made me breakfast. Audrey took 1 nap without a fight today (the other... not so much). I received many cards and gifts (even though the cards were plenty!). They took me to an early dinner and to the mall to do some shopping (more like window shopping since we really only bought 1 pair of pants for Audrey and a cute little outfit for my new nephew Chase). It was a wonderful day and I'm so glad to be a real Mommy this year!

I have many women in my life to look to for examples of how to be a great mom. My mother, who has done more for me than I can even begin to write about. My mother-in-law, who raised the wonderful man I married. My two grandmothers who have shown me countless examples of love and faith. To all of you, thank you. I'm so blessed to have you in my life and I know that each of you have helped make me into the woman and mother I am today.

And, because I promised my grandmother that I would do my best to put up at least one picture on here every day...

PICTURES!


No comments:

Post a Comment