Saturday, May 9, 2009

Today may be a very long day

The day started with Audrey waking at 640 this morning. She usually sleeps until 730 or so. I think I knew even at that point that today was going to be a challenge. (And yes I consider myself grateful that she usually sleeps in pretty late. If she didn't and she still continued to wake up 3,4,5 times each night I think I might literally die...)

Skip forward about two hours. Mark let me sleep in (an early Mother's Day present?) while he and Audrey had breakfast and watched episodes of The Office on the computer . It was a wonderful hour and a half or so of extra sleep.

And then it was nap time.

Mark put Audrey down. Audrey screamed. A lot. And the monitor was still in the bedroom. There went my sleep...

She cried for 10 minutes or so when I finally took pity on her and got her up. She didn't seem that tired to me so I thought that maybe she just wasn't tired enough to nap yet. Took her out to the living room and she was as happy as could be. For a little while...

I took her to her room. I nursed her. She passed out. I laid her down. She screamed. Even louder this time.

I knew she needed to nap and was going to be even crankier later on if she didn't so I went to take a shower.

10 minutes or so later she's still screaming. Mark says she never stopped. I go in to calm her down. She falls asleep in my arms. I lay her down she wakes up, pulls herself up and proceeds to scream yet again. (Have I mentioned that I'm over the thrill of her pulling herself up on things?? At least when she's laying down and crying she eventually falls asleep!)

It was about 11:30 by this point so we decided to feed her lunch and let her play with the dog for a little while.

After lunch I took her into her room. Nursed and rocked her. She fell asleep in my arms really quickly but I was scared to lay her down in her crib. So this is where she is sleeping
I had Mark put a blanket on the floor so I could lay down next to her so she would stay asleep. It was surprisingly easy for me to sneak out of the room with her like that. I hate that I gave in so many times and that she never fell asleep in her crib but I'm exhausted today. I just didn't have the energy to listen to her cry like that for so long. So for today I'm letting her nap on the floor. I hope she goes to bed easier tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment