Thursday, May 14, 2009

Oh how wonderful it is!

I'm in shock.

I'm speechless.

I can't believe it.

I never thought this day would come.

Ever.

Last night, for the first time ever, my daughter slept through the night. (Yep, the same child that just a few days ago refused to sleep at all.) She went down at 8 pm and didn't wake up again until 6 am. 10 whole hours!! And then, to make it even better, after nursing she went back to sleep till 8. I'm almost in tears, I'm so happy!

Part of me wonders if I just slept through her crying out.... If that is the case, she woke up extremely happy. (Okay, I'm 99% sure that I did not sleep through her cries. I have become the world's lightest sleeper since having her. Unlike my husband who has become an even deeper sleeper since her birth. Not that I'm bitter or anything).

And yes, I'm sure that by posting this all over the internet has surely jinxed me for a very long time and she will never again sleep through the night, and will, in fact, sleep even worse than she did before (holy run-on sentence!). But that is okay. At least I can say that she did it once and that I was able to sleep for 7 straight hours for the first time in 9 months.

Oh, how sweet it is! (Or should I say was??)


1 comment:

  1. Yippee!! I knew she could do it...and she'll keep doing it too (I hope). My fingers are crossed for you! And I love the messy face!

    ReplyDelete