Monday, May 18, 2009

Such a stinker!

So Audrey lately has become a serious babbler. But all she says is BABABABABA. She'll be nine months old tomorrow and I'm anxious to here her say mama. So I say it to her. A lot.

The other day I was sitting on the floor playing with her when she climbed up on me and started her BABABAing.

I saw the perfect opportunity to practice MAMA with her and was "showing" her how to say MAMA.

She got really close to my face.

Put her lips together like she was going to say it.

I got all excited. She was going to do it!

Then she burped.

In my face.

And laughed.

And left me sitting there. MAMAless.

She still hasn't said it yet.

3 comments:

  1. Melissa! I didn't know you had a blog but I am so happy you commented on mine so now I can see how you are doing a little more closely (and personally) than facebook allows! Your pics of Audrey are soooo cute! And I'm sorry she burped in your face and left you mamaless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the burp...although I think it's cute!! She'll say mama one day. Thanks for all the great pics. My g-baby is quite the cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chase and Audrey are definitely related:). Chase did something similar to me....after I said Mommy to him, he smiled at me, raised his hand toward my face like he was going to touch me, and then smacked me in the mouth with his fist:(.

    ReplyDelete